- Virtually Live launches VR driving experience at Red Bull Media World.
- Fans visiting the Red Bull Media World at the Verkehrshaus der Schweiz in Luzern can compete against Sébastien Buemi’s fastest lap time during last Season’s FIA Formula E Paris ePrix.
- Virtually Live provides fans unable to attend live events with an immersive, personalised and social VR experience.
- Virtually Live has partnered with Formula E and last Season’s ePrixs are available for download on the Steam and Oculus VR App Stores, as well as for PC.
Virtually Live, the leading immersive Virtual Reality (VR) entertainment platform for live events has today launched an exciting Formula E related VR driving experience for visitors to the Red Bull Media World at the Verkehrshaus der Schweiz, Luzern.
Virtually Live has partnered with the FIA Formula E Championship to recreate races live in VR to enable fans to participate in the race as if they would be attending in person. As a result, Virtually Live has used last Season’s Paris ePrix race track and created an exciting VR driving competition that can be experienced in the Red Bull Media World until 31st January 2018.
Visitors to the Verkehrshaus der Schweiz will have the chance to compete over 2 laps to beat Renault eDams driver Sébastien Buemi’s fastest time at last Season’s Paris ePrix, by driving in VR using Virtually Live’s proprietary technology.
Fans unable to visit the exhibition, can nevertheless download the Virtually Live Formula E VR App on the relevant VR App Stores, and experience Season 3 ePrixs in immersive VR with complete freedom of movement, where they can go anywhere on the track during the ePrixs; including the perspective from inside any driver’s car, but also have the chance to drive and set their own lap time.
Oliver Weingarten, Director of Motorsport at Virtually Live: “We are delighted to collaborate with Red Bull Media World to provide visitors to the Verkehrshaus der Schweiz with a cutting edge VR driving experience, showcasing our relationship with Formula E. Virtually Live has been recreating Formula E ePrixs live in immersive VR by ingesting the live telemetry from the drivers’ cars. This has enabled us to give fans a unique opportunity to compete in VR against Sébastien Buemi’s fastest lap at last Season’s Paris ePrix. We look forward to seeing who comes out on top early next year.”
Sébastien Buemi: “The level of detail and realism in the “Virtually Live Driving Experience” is incredible. This is a really innovative experience, which allows me to engage with my fans, at the same time as giving them the experience of driving my Formula E car in VR around the Paris ePrix track.“
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Virtually Live has gained a market leader position in providing immersive VR experiences to fans of live sports and live music enabling them to participate in such live events as if they would be attending in person.
- Virtually Live’s mission is to connect fans around the world through virtual reality, building a new media platform to experience live events in a way that is more immersive, personalised and social than ever Virtually Live’s unique patented new media technology creates true VR experiences in CGI (Computer Generated Images) by tracking physical live events and transposing the action into a fully rendered virtual environment, delivered live to fans via VR headsets and second screen PCs as well as mobile devices. A combination of unique cloud computing technology and algorithms proprietary to Virtually Live allow for a live true VR stream at least as fast as a traditional broadcast feed.
- In addition, Virtually Live provides broadcast tools to host broadcasters to enable them to provide fans with a different perspective to that of which the Director chooses. Fans also have the opportunity to be their own Director, using the Virtually Live Director tool whilst watching the ePrixs recreated by Virtually Live.
- Unlike a restrictive 360-video feed, Virtually Live embraces new upcoming viewing devices and technologies be it in Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR) alongside Virtual Reality (VR).
- Virtually Live is available today on HTC Vive (through Steam VR and Viveport) and Oculus Rift, and on
- Further information is available at https://www.redbull.com/ch-de/events/vr-live-racing-experience-media-world
- A virtual track guide is available upon request.
For inquiries please contact:
Oliver Weingarten, email@example.com,
Virtually Live Group has offices in: London, Zurich, San Francisco, Malaga and Singapore